My bite and my bridge

My right upper lateral incisor tooth is broken and my dentist told that it could be good to put a bridge.

However, my dentist told me also because my lower right lateral incisor and my lower central incisor are a little bit one on top of the other when I will bite these two teeth will put pressure on my bridge and as a consequence my bridge may not last a long time.

I would like to know what I can do to fix this problem

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It depends on how bad the occlusal problem is. You can consider doing aligner therapy at the bottom, to try and align the bottom teeth, or you could perhaps consider a dental implant instead of a bridge. It all depends on the size of the discrepancy.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Usually the bridge is designed in such a way that minimal or no pressure is put on it. It just all depends on the space available.

Vote:
The bridge covering my broken right upper lateral incisor will be cemented to my right central incisor so I would like to know if the bridge cannot be too short because otherwise there would not be enough space to cement it to my right right central incisor

Vote:

Ask a Question