Is my palate narrow + do I have an open bite?

IMG_0683.jpeg
IMG_0669.jpeg

For context I’m 14f and the last time I went to a dentist was a year ago and they mentioned potentially getting a palate expander and getting some chain for my impacted canine but nothing ever came about it. I’ve done some research and believe I have a narrow palate from constantly sucking on blankets when I was younger and because of this as-well I think I might have an open bite but I’m not too sure so I’m checking on here. (in the first picture I was purposely aligning my teeth usually my bottom teeth are almost completely covered by my front teeth)

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It is difficult to judge these things from photos alone. Are you biting on your back teeth? The best option would be to seek a consult with an orthodontist. You can then ask your questions in person.

Vote:
It is difficult to judge these things from photos alone. Are you biting on your back teeth? The best option would be to seek a consult with an orthodontist. You can then ask your questions in person.
This is what it looks like when I’m biting my back teeth but I’ve noticed that only one side of my upper back teeth will touch the bottom back teeth at a time

Attachments

• IMG_0748.jpeg
    IMG_0748.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 5

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
On this photo it does not appear that you have an open bite in the front. I would still suggest seeing an orthodontist for evaluation of the occlusion of your back teeth.

Vote:

Ask a Question