Help! 3d hard night guard bite splint looks weird!

IMG_0913.jpeg
IMG_0914.jpeg
I have a new comfort 3d hard nightguard bite splint.

It cost $500! They told me it looks right and perfect but I don't feel or looks right to me. I can't even close my lips, half my teeth are covered. Is this normal for a splint? They weren’t very helpful with answering my questions. I’m so sad all this money wasted :(

Pictures show what it looks like. The 2nd and 3rd "mouth closed
IMG_0912.jpeg
."

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It's more common to have the splint on the upper teeth. Yours looks way too thick for comfort and functionality - more likely to cause a problem than to fix it.
The thickness at the front is a result of how THIN it can be made at the back. Quite often the thickness over the 1st molars might be ~1mm (usually no point covering 2nd molars) which in turn would lead to ~3mm opening at front. Go back and see if that can be thinned down. If you were my patient, I wouldn't attempt it chairside because of that degree of thickness - it would be better done on an articulator in a lab.

Vote:

Ask a Question