help broken tooth no pain

Last year one of my back teeth broke and part of it came out. I never had any pain and strangely it has been better since it broke. It is/was the only tooth I've had a filling in, since having the filling as a child I could feel slight pain in the tooth if I ate something hard on that side. Only when I ate on that side as if it was putting too much presure on filling never hurt after so just ate on other side. From part of the tooth coming out I've been able to eat on that side, had check up at dentist didn't need anything done.

Now 2 days back I was eating and felt something hard in my mouth took it out and it was a bit more of the tooth that was broken. The next 2 times I cleaned my teeth part of the filling came out. I think it's all out now not 100% sure tho no more is coming out. I'm due check up at dentist which I'm dreading. Up to now I've still had no pain at all but guessing the only thing that can be done is take it out if it starts hurting as I don't think another filling would stay in. As long as it doesn't start hurting I'd rather it be left. Would dentist usually leave broken teeth if they are not causing pain?

Ask a Question