HELP! Is my impant broken????

I am getting different answers from different dentists. Is the Implant itself broken? I know the screw broke that was holding my temp crown on and that is still stuck up there. Do I need the Impant replaced??

A Biocare 3.5x10 was used.

Thank you!!!
Kim

Attachments

• X16768_1.jpg
    X16768_1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 344
  • X16768_2.jpg
    X16768_2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 333

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
In these images, the implant itself looks broken, that is in addition to the broken screw. It looks like the temp got hit very hard?? This caused the screw holding the temporary crown to break but it also broke the thin and fragile titanium rim of the implant body. This is a rare occurrence. I would have to see it in person, but it may be possible to still use that implant after the fractured screw is removed. Otherwise, you would have to remove the implant and start over....unfortunately.
Dr. Barniv

Vote:
This is not very common but it does happen. Implant screws do sometimes break. It could be due to a defective screw or some other reason. You have to replace implant as soon as possible. Good Luck..!

Vote:

Ask a Question