Can you help? Is the proposed fillings and wisdom teeth removal necessary?

Hi,

I just went to a dentist this afternoon. I've always been blessed to have healthy teeth and in 37 years I've only had one filling.

The dentist was nice but quick to recommend a lot of treatments. Thankfully she spent a lot of time explaining the treatments, which was reassuring and she also provided all the information below.

I would like opinion from the photo's and x rays attached if the recommended treatments are necessary?
  • 3x fillings

• Removal of both lower wisdom teeth

Many thanks.

Attachments

• Proposed Filling 1.png
    Proposed Filling 1.png
    687.1 KB · Views: 276
  • Proposed Filling 2.png
    Proposed Filling 2.png
    355 KB · Views: 255
  • Proposed Filling 3.png
    Proposed Filling 3.png
    363.4 KB · Views: 263
  • Proposed Filling Summary.png
    Proposed Filling Summary.png
    190.3 KB · Views: 253
  • #16, 15, 14, 44, 45, 46.jpeg
    #16, 15, 14, 44, 45, 46.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 256
  • #24, 25, 26, 36, 35, 34.jpeg
    #24, 25, 26, 36, 35, 34.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 243
  • Panoramic Image.jpeg
    Panoramic Image.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 252

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I don't think the fillings are urgent. The cavities seem very superficial. You can discuss tooth #17 (#3 in the US), 27 (15) to be one surface fillings instead of 2 (Occlusal surface vs Occlusal Lingual surfaces). The 2 lower wisdom teeth are distally impacted and very close to the Inferior Alveolar nerve increasing risks for trauma and injury. I would recommend a board certified Oral Surgeon to evaluate it.

Where are you located? Unfortunately private clinics are very expensive to operate and dentists are under a lot of pressures to produce income.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Given your long history without decay, I would be hesitant to drill those out. They don't show on the Xrays but that is not unusual for holes in the biting surfaces. I'd be more inclined to use GIC as a fissure sealant. They are certainly NOT 2-surface fillings, only 1-surface at worst.
I'd agree that you should get out the wisdom teeth by an oral surgeon.

Vote:
I don't think the fillings are urgent. The cavities seem very superficial. You can discuss tooth #17 (#3 in the US), 27 (15) to be one surface fillings instead of 2 (Occlusal surface vs Occlusal Lingual surfaces). The 2 lower wisdom teeth are distally impacted and very close to the Inferior Alveolar nerve increasing risks for trauma and injury. I would recommend a board certified Oral Surgeon to evaluate it.

Where are you located? Unfortunately private clinics are very expensive to operate and dentists are under a lot of pressures to produce income.

Thanks. Am located in Sydney Australia.

Vote:
Given your long history without decay, I would be hesitant to drill those out. They don't show on the Xrays but that is not unusual for holes in the biting surfaces. I'd be more inclined to use GIC as a fissure sealant. They are certainly NOT 2-surface fillings, only 1-surface at worst.
I'd agree that you should get out the wisdom teeth by an oral surgeon.

Thanks

Vote:

Ask a Question