Help please Dental Crown X Ray

Can anyone help please with reading my X Ray of a crown I had fitted recently.
There seams to be a dark pocket showing I am not sure why. Can anyone see anything else that could be showing problems with this crown/tooth and surrounding tissues
Thank you.

Last edited:
2019-07-19 01.23.56.jpg

Vote:
I have a diagnosed under active thyroid ( I take thyroid hormones)but when that lithium Disilicate crown was fitted I suddenly became over active thyroid and gave me chest pains snd I was extremely agitated. Food seemed to activate the crown material and made me more over active with a racing heart beat. I have had the crown removed now and am back to under active thyroid which is normal for me
Could it be that the void where there was no cement had residue of lithium in it or some other substance and an osmosis process was occuring upsetting my system? I have allergies and sensitivities. It was a dreadful experience. That x ray was taken by another dentist. The dentist who fitted that badly fitted crown failed to take any x ray despite me reporting to him having major adverse symptoms from when I had the crown fitted.
I am trying to make sence of it all. I wonder if you have a theory?

Last edited:

Vote:
P.S. I have other Lithium Disilicate Crowns which don't seem to cause me a problem.
I do think I react to Lithium I was given it once many years ago by mistake and took one dose which resulted in chest pains and heart my racing just like the badly fitted crown experience.

Last edited:

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Lithium salts as a medication is entirely different to lithium dislicate as a crystal glass. Just like hydrogen is different to H2O (water). A crown of ANY type will have no effect on thyroid function.
It's simply a poorly fitting crown which is going to be very difficult to clean with those crappy margins.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Lithium as an pure element is extremely reactive, but you won't find it in elemental form outside of a chemistry laboratory.
Lithum carbonate is the medicinal compound, lithium disilicate is the crystal compound.

Vote:

Ask a Question