Extreme pain, 3 dentists, no explanation

Hello, posting here out of pure desperation. I’ve been to 3 dentists/endodontists and have no explanation. For 3 months now, I’ve had severe but difficult to isolate pain in my lower right and upper right molars that sets in about 5 seconds after drinking liquids and lingers for about 30+ seconds. It started on the bottom, but is now on the top as well. All 3 dentists told me different things, but none of them can definitively say what’s causing the pain or what needs to be done to fix it. I now have swollen lymph nodes under my jaw and in the side/back of my neck, but no infection shows up on the x-ray. My gum on the lower right side has also just become swollen, but this is recent as of 2 days ago. The only thing that looks even remotely abnormal is that I have “long roots” and low sinuses.

I’ve always had sensitive teeth, but this is EXTREME - it doesn’t hurt to chew or bite down, but liquids are a 10/10, especially if cold or hot. It takes a few seconds for the pain to set on, and the longer the liquid touches it the longer the pain lingers after. But when the dentists touches it with the cold thing briefly it’s not as bad. Has anyone seen this before or had a similar experience? Any recommendations on where to turn?

Thanks!
T

Ask a Question