Extreme pain 1 month after root canal ??

A question. I had a root canal on September16th. Very bad pain coming from it a week later with follow up re-treatment for a missed canal on October 16th on which the Endodontist did one root only. Endodontist said it was a fin ?? Now, after 1 month later, the tooth is so sensitive that I cannot even touch it or press on it without pain coming back within seconds. Sharp pain, almost instantly which lingers.It hurts just to push this tooth slightly with my tongue. Also I'm still having some cold sensitivity, they say that it's inflammation of ligaments ?? I cannot eat or chew on that side for fear of such pain. Also having major sinus issues above this upper molar. Went to my doctor yesterday and he said possible sinus infection and now I'm on antibiotics for 10 days. Follow up visit to Endodontist Weds morning for a checkup and I am insisting on another 3 D scan of tooth. Please, anyone have some advice ?? Living on Advil liquidgels almost daily and now antibiotics too ?? Any similar situations ?? Help !!

Not sure if you still check this or anything. I am currently going through a very similar situation to this myself. Pain to touch in a retreated root canal 7 weeks after. Did you ever find a solution?

Vote:
Not sure if you still check this or anything. I am currently going through a very similar situation to this myself. Pain to touch in a retreated root canal 7 weeks after. Did you ever find a solution?
Actually had to have the whole thing redone last Winter. Had a temp crown then a permanent one put on. To this day i'm still having pain.They insist that all canals are cleaned and filled and that it is Periodontal ligament inflammation. Biggest and most painful thing I have ever done. All I can say is GOOD LUCK. Hope you have better luck than me.

Vote:
Actually had to have the whole thing redone last Winter. Had a temp crown then a permanent one put on. To this day i'm still having pain.They insist that all canals are cleaned and filled and that it is Periodontal ligament inflammation. Biggest and most painful thing I have ever done. All I can say is GOOD LUCK. Hope you have better luck than me.

I'm seriously thinking I should just have it taken out and deal with the consequences. I'm scared of having to have a false tooth but it's better than being in pain (been in pain since last October). I'm really sorry you haven't found a solution yet :/

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Do you have pain bending over and walking up & downstairs? If so, you may have pain in your sinuses. Maybe you can provide images...3D CT scan if available.

Vote:

Ask a Question