Broken jaw tooth what are my options?

I am hoping for some good information on my big old problem.
I will start with I am a big chicken, I am scared almost to the degree of panic attack to see a dentist, this is made worse by both a childhood and adult trauma I had at the hands of less than professional dentists.
So I was talked into 5 fillings I likely didn't need about 20-25 years ago, when the dentist bored out the tooth she got the hole too big and sides too thin,
I have dealt with this for years, little chips here and there on the filled teeth.
So now I have a problem I must see a dentist for while scared I need to know my options.
My right lower farthest back jaw tooth basically had most of the front wall ( side towards mouth ) of the tooth break off right down to the gum line, ironically the filling is still there.
While it doesn't hurt ( yet ) just happened it feels horrible especially if I drink cool drinks and I can not eat hard foods.
What are my options to fix this?
I really am not up to having the tooth pulled, my nerves can't take it.
I also do not want stuff I don't need, I want just what I need to fix this,
Many thanks,
Cheers,
Bats.

It is better to remove it or it may cause even more problems leaving you with endless pain. I suggest u to schedule an appointment and get it removed.

Vote:

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
It is not possible to help you without knowing a lot more information like which tooth it is, a picture of the damage or an x-ray. But if a wall came off the tooth and nothing else, it is likely it could be fixed with a dental crown. This is more involved than a filling but would likely save your tooth.

Vote:

Ask a Question