Broken Wisdom Tooth

I have an upper right broken wisdom tooth. When it first broke there was no pain at all and I'm not sure when it actually broke I just found it by running my tongue over my teeth. Its been over a month now and all of a sudden I have a lot of pain in that whole upper side of my mouth. Since being an adult (40 yrs old) I have never had dental work besides cleanings. My question is can I have the tooth pulled by a regular dentist? I don't have insurance and can not afford to go to a surgeon. I'm also already very anxious to have it done.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Usually the upper wisdom teeth are less traumatic to remove compared to the lower ones. That is because the bone around it is less dense/bulky. Factors that can make it more difficult is if lower tooth is contacting it which can harden the bone, and if the tooth has a divergent root anatomy. Factors that can make it more risky is if you have any medical conditions such as severe heart disease, very high blood pressure, taking blood thinning medications, and close proximity to sinus. Most likely you are not but if someone were to take bisphosphonate injections, severe bone damage can occur after teeth extraction.

Vote:

Ask a Question