Why did my pain totally vanish ?

Four days ago my gold crowned molar(#19) and my last tooth (#18) were heat and cold sensitive, pressure sensitive and throbbing with pain. I couldn’t tell if it was a problem with both teeth or just one. Regardless, I had to avoid that side of my mouth totally (no food, no hot or cold beverage). The crown is over 15 years old so I though decay had made it’s way through the tooth and the back tooth is mostly filling. I didn’t know whether either was repairable and can’t afford to have them both pulled, losing the ability to chew on that side (and don’t have insurance to help out with implants). Another tooth (#14 is my last tooth on top and part of a bridge) was also hurting and cold sensitive. I seemed to have pain coming from all 3 teeth. Then 3 days into this pain I could pinpoint the pain and it now seemed to be coming exclusively from #19. The next morning (Sunday) I had no pain or sensitivity in any of the above mentioned teeth. Like nothing had ever happened. My only treatment was applying Oregano oil between the teeth and on gums daily. Oregano has excellent antiseptic and antimicrobial qualities, Has anybody experienced this pain remission after 4 days and what could have caused pain? Many thanks, Jeff.

Ask a Question