Did they actually deep clean my teeth & is the disease really under control?

The first dentist said I had periodontitis and need surgery after my first clean in a decade.. I met with a second dentist who x-ray me jaw and said there was no bone loss and I didn't require surgery.

I ask the second dentist for a deep clean because I can still see tartar under the gum line from the first dentist and he went on and proceeded the cleaning process. Oddly, it was quite quick and not very painful. When I pull my gums down with my nails I can still see tartar underneath. On top of that it only cost me $100. From researching online, other have paid $250-1000.

I was charge for "removing of calculus". Is that deep cleaning?

The second dentist also prescribed me 'Savacol mouth wash" and after a week my gums stopped bleeding but I still have a tiny speck of pus coming from under one of my tooth. I visited him again and was told that my infections were under control but is it really under control if there is still a little bit of pus coming from under one of my tooth and tartar visible under the gum?

For some reason I feel like I've been played around but am not too sure. Really need honest answers.. Thanks!

After 2 cleaning session, both dentist still missed a couple of spots. How important is it to have those removed? Or can I wait another 6 months. So far the first cleaning cost me $120 AUD and second cost me $100 AUD

Vote:

Ask a Question