Hi! I didnt form a clot!

i just joined. I figured I would ask my questions here, I don’t want to become that person labeled a “problem” at the dentists office. :) I always get paranoid for a few days after any work is done.

Okay so yesterday I had my bottom left wisdom tooth extracted.

I made the mistake of swishing a bit yesterday :(
Fearing I’d gotten food in my socket.
I’m only 24 hours out and to me this doesn’t look right at all. (I know it’s too early) but maybe somebody can see if I should be worried at this point
I’ve never had dry socket before so I don’t know.
The socket looks deep and dry to me.

The extraction was pretty rough, as the tooth broke and my dentist had to go in and remove each root individually with drill.

Attachments

• D9DA8B3C-A1D0-4093-96CF-7BE74724DE19.jpeg
    D9DA8B3C-A1D0-4093-96CF-7BE74724DE19.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 336

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I can't tell much from a photo one day post-op. If you get a dry socket it will usually occur ~3-4 days post-op. You will get severe, unrelenting pain, a bad taste, and a foul breath. So, wait and see - nothing else you can do to influence the outcome now. As long as you can handle the post-op pain well with normal painkillers, then you don't have a dry socket. Once you get past day 4 post-op, you're in the clear.

Vote:

Ask a Question