Went to a dentist and was told this is Mandibular Tori however she wasn't 100% confident

Have gone to a dentist recently to get an opinion on a lump behind my bottom teeth. Dentist said it may be mandibular tori however she wasn't 100% sure. Due to the high cost in my country I am not in a position to get more xrays/opinions and was wondering if anyone here could help. Just looking for some peace of mind on this issue or if I need to seek further assistance. Growth is quite small still and is only present on one side which I know is less common for tori growth. Thanks in advance!

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Do you have any x-rays at all? Is the growth hard? Is it painful? Although it is less common, you still sometimes get unilateral tori.

Vote:
Do you have any x-rays at all? Is the growth hard? Is it painful? Although it is less common, you still sometimes get unilateral tori
Haven’t got the X-rays sent to me however they were only front/side so there was a bit of obstruction. No pain and quite hard am unable to press into it at all. Slight discomfort during the initial growth stage.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Mandibular tori are classified as hamartomas which means that they have limited growth potential.
Best advice-observe only for now. If the area becomes symptomatic, continues to enlarge, or becomes ulcerated, you would need to seek the opinion of an oral surgeon.

Vote:

Ask a Question