Dentist messed up my front teeth. Can it be fixed?

I had some fillings between my front teeth for a few years now. It was slightly chipped and they got a little different in colour so I decided to see a dentist to replace those with new ones…

Well that was a mistake that I did shortly before my wedding day.

The dentist replaced the fillings alright but the colour matching is horrendous and it feels like he made the problem much bigger than it was initially.

It’s long after the wedding now but I’m still super insecure about that as these are my front teeth.

Please can someone advise me what can be done about that? Can it be still fixed while keeping my actually teeth?

Attachments

• 25BB667C-0785-4A65-9C4D-5E506611326E.jpeg
    25BB667C-0785-4A65-9C4D-5E506611326E.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 28
  • B189C9A8-AFE7-444D-89AC-763727982CD3.jpeg
    B189C9A8-AFE7-444D-89AC-763727982CD3.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 28

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If you don't like them, then they can be redone. Front teeth can be tricky to match and sometimes in cases where there are large fillings (like yours), a veneer or crown might be better.

Vote:
Thank you for your advice!
It’s hard to find a good picture of the “before” but back then the fillings were much less visible, and might have been smaller than what it appears to be now.

I feel really resentful towards the dentist who made them worse for me. It was a small insecurity of mine, now it grew to enormous levels. I spent hundreds of euros to make something better aesthetically just to have it much worse in the end. If only this doctor warned me instead of just jumping into the job while knowing I have my wedding in a few days…

Anyways, now it appears I have to spend thousands for expensive crowns or veneers while I’m not even 30 years old…

Here is a before picture I found (not the best quality but you can see my smile is just fine - now the whiter fillings are super visible even from far)
440D84ED-8061-451D-A1C9-A29BDAC24567.jpeg

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I have had patients come to me just weeks away from their wedding date and want complicated cosmetic dentistry done in a short time. Apart from the risk of not meeting expectations of the patient, sometimes the work done to the teeth may cause post-op pain - definitely not what you want on your wedding day.
As for how your teeth look on your wedding day, I often suggest to patients who have little time (or money) to simply have their photos touched up to remove imperfections, just as you would remove pimples, scars, etc. So simple nowadays with digital images. I have even had my teeth touched up in this way because one is darker than the others.

Vote:
I wish the dentist I went to was as honest as you are with your patients.

After inspection, he even laughed that it’s an emergency and scheduled me immediately not informing me of any risks.

I will definitely be more cautious in the future after this traumatising experience!

Thank you for sharing, Matt.

I will be seeing my regular dentist in December, when I’m in my home country. Hopefully he can fix this without veneers 🤞

Vote:

Ask a Question