I went to dentist to get full dentures but partials is what i want now

so i already had the dentures made but i researched and thought that partials were what i really want to try so do i save dentures that are already made for later? I realize i will pay for what is done already but i really think i want to try the partials first i have a small mouth and I feel like they would fit better for me i only have one front back tooth and one front top tooth and two other top teeth that may possibly be able to root canal or? to save is that enough teeth left to work with ?

I'm not a dentist, I'm a hygienist, however from the information you have given here IMO you don't have enough teeth left to support partial dentures. Too much pressure on the remaining teeth. I'm hoping a dentist or prosthodontist can help you out here. If your bone level is good enough you might be a candidate for implants if you are able to afford that treatment. Good Luck.

Vote:
A cosmetic dentist is not what you need. A general dentist can advise you based on x-rays and a clinical exam whether or not you have enough bone support around healthy teeth to support a partial. If not you can get implants, a denture, or an implant supported denture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:

Ask a Question