Six year old mollar question - Mini tooth/root!?

Hi Folks, newbie here so apols if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

I noticed a few days ago that my 6 year old son has what look like two very small molar (approximately 4mm x 4mm) in the gum of where teh six year old mollar is starting to erupt. They are wobbly and not part of the actual tooth. My wife took our son to the dentist (in the UK) this morning where he said they were so wobbly that he simply tweaked them out. There was little blood and no pain but he did say he'd never seen anything like this before and they were either part of a root or a small cap that helps the eruption but isnt part of the tooth.

Has anybody heard of this before, seen anything like it with their kids. Now they're out I can see the actual tooth nice and shiny and waiting to sprout.

Thanks in advance, pics attached/below

Ed

Attachments

• Teeth1.jpg
    Teeth1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Teeth2.jpg
    Teeth2.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 149

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Don't know. Hard to say from those photos alone - hopefully it's not part of the adult teeth. Time will tell.

Vote:
Thanks, yes.

Dentist has confirmed no decay and not part of the erupting molars and the items removed from lower left and right side are pieces of root. You can now see the fresh white teeth coming through below. It’s almost as if my son was almost going to have three waves of teeth!

What and where from remains a mystery!

Vote:

Ask a Question