random whitening question?

Lee

So, this is a bit all over the place. I have two peg teeth, on either side of my front teeth. My dentist temporarily covered the teeth with dental glue (used with braces and other appliances I think) until I can acquire the means to get them permanently fixed, as I need to undergo a procedure to remove part of my gum before I can actually get the teeth covered. In the meantime, I've been wanting to use whitening strips or any variation of a whitening product to improve my smile, but I'm concerned that the color of the glue (which currently matches my teeth coloration) may not whiten and would then look completely ridiculous. Any help on this? Would the glue become whitened, or should I not bother? Thanks!

I'm not sure what type of "glue" the dentist used, but it will not change color if you use whitening products. Composite fillings, porcelain veneers, and crowns also will maintain their shade. Whitening products only change the color of natural teeth. I hope this helps.

Vote:

Ask a Question