Please Help! Sensitivity after Deep Dressing.

Please help me out if you can!

Poor student here. I decided to go to a new dentist a few weeks ago, was told I needed two fillings. Got an xray done, one was quite deep but not yet at nerve. Was quite sensitive during filling so was told a root canal would be best. I recieved a temporary dressing.

I found needing a root canal horrifying, and a complete surprise. I never have had any problems or pain, etc. Also, very hard to afford as it's about €1.5k where I live. So I got an appointment with my old dentist who told me a filling should suffice (for now anyway) and I'm going back in a few weeks to get it done.

Just in the last few days, the tooth above the dressing has been sensitive and at times achy. I don't think the tooth with the dressing has been sore, maybe a little. Nothing extreme at all, just mildly uncomfortable. I'm very panicked but have no other symptoms of anything else wrong? Is an emergency appointment necessary, do you think, or should I wait three weeks for my filling?

I'm very very nervous, any insight would be so appreciated.

PS: I am moving abroad in six months where dentistry is significantly cheaper and would not be opposed to getting a root canal there.

Solutions
I don't understand why you have to wait 3 weeks for a filling. The tooth won't be very strong with just a dressing so of course it's going to be sensitive.

Vote:

Ask a Question