Pain after root canal re-do

My story is complicated. Started with a toothache in the summer of 2022 , had biting pain on the molar before the root canal, had a root canal on the molar and still had biting pain afterwards. I was told to get a new crown to see if there was a crack that couldn’t be seen and to give it time to heal. Unfortunately, I hadthe same symptoms 10 years ago with the molar next to it that went on to have to be pulled because it never healed. So we gave it time. Nothing happened as I suspected. just had a root canal re-do On the tooth Because the endodontist wanted to make sure he got everything. He doesn’t talk much so I don’t know if he missed some thing and found it or This was just fruitless.. So just as I suspected again I’m still having biting pain. I also for This last past year, especially since putting the crown on have irritation around the back inner part of the gums. Which my endodontist says, has nothing to do with the root canal, and my dentist says has nothing to do with the crown. Periodontist sees nothing wrong with my gums. I don’t know why I am such a mystery and cannot find any help.

Anyway, the newest thing is it’s been a week, since my second root canal on the one tooth was finished. The first two days I felt fine except for the ongoing biting pain. On the third day I started getting a toothache, achy cheek, achy gums, achy jaw, achy ear feeling the next day. It was severe that I had to actually call the endodontist and he told me to up the pain medication and it was not uncommon to have throbbing days after the root canal. This seem to help at least during the day by the time 7 o’clock rolls around for some strange reason I don’t know if it’s because I rinsed with salt water or just brushed my teeth. It starts to ache again. not as severe. Woke up 3 o’clock in the morning because I had the throbbing in my tooth. Took the medication which eased it but I can’t be taking this forever. I will call the endodontist back, but I am beyond frustrated , because no one seems to know what is going on in my mouth besides a possible unseen crack, and I don’t know why my second root canal on this tooth is making my tooth feel worse than even the first one. Any ideas any help because this girl is at her wits end.

Ask a Question