Pain when biting down after root canal and crown?

I had a root canal done about 6 weeks ago, and, after 5 weeks with a temporary crown, a permanent one placed 1 week ago. Tooth #14, which was cracked. I babied the tooth while I had the temporary crown--a pretty soft diet, and if I chewed something that was a bit chewy, it seemed to hurt a little at times. At first I thought the permanent crown was fine, and the dentist did the bite test with the wax paper. Now though, I just ate some crunchy kettle potato chips and that tooth hurt when I was chewing them with it. Does this sound like a normal post-root canal and crown symptom? Should I wait a while and see if it improves, or should I go back to the dentist (one dentist did both procedures) next week?

I had a root canal done about 6 weeks ago, and, after 5 weeks with a temporary crown, a permanent one placed 1 week ago. Tooth #14, which was cracked. I babied the tooth while I had the temporary crown--a pretty soft diet, and if I chewed something that was a bit chewy, it seemed to hurt a little at times. At first I thought the permanent crown was fine, and the dentist did the bite test with the wax paper. Now though, I just ate some crunchy kettle potato chips and that tooth hurt when I was chewing them with it. Does this sound like a normal post-root canal and crown symptom? Should I wait a while and see if it improves, or should I go back to the dentist (one dentist did both procedures) next week?
Did you ever resolve this? I’m 8 weeks past perm crown and still hurts to bite / has inflammation. Dentist and Endo see “ nothing wrong.”

Vote:
Did you ever resolve this? I’m 8 weeks past perm crown and still hurts to bite / has inflammation. Dentist and Endo see “ nothing wrong.”
This is so common. This is happening to me too . It’s been Two years of hell for me. I think I may have to wind up having the tooth pulled because I went to an endodontist three different dentist, a periodontist, and no one sees anything wrong on the x-rays after the root canal. But I had biting pain before and I still have biting pain and I have discomfort around the gums especially in the back. So why can’t they figure this out?

Vote:
I’ve been to the Endodontist for a root canal & a redo on the tooth it’s been 16 months since my initial sxs. . I’ve seen my dentist, second opinion from another dentist & a periodontist as well as endo. They all say they don’t know. My back gums around the tooth are sensitive to touch & I am getting throbbing after brushing & when I wake up. Also in my cheek & inside by jaw. Meanwhile all the professionals say they see nothing physically or on X-ray. There must be a lot of incompetence around here & I am practically crying because I don’t know where to turn next.

Vote:
I’ve been to the Endodontist for a root canal & a redo on the tooth it’s been 16 months since my initial sxs. . I’ve seen my dentist, second opinion from another dentist & a periodontist as well as endo. They all say they don’t know. My back gums around the tooth are sensitive to touch & I am getting throbbing after brushing & when I wake up. Also in my cheek & inside by jaw. Meanwhile all the professionals say they see nothing physically or on X-ray. There must be a lot of incompetence around here & I am practically crying because I don’t know where to turn next.
Might be time to see an oral surgeon. Sometimes a tooth just can’t be saved

Vote:

Ask a Question