New Valplast Partial issues

I have a new Valplast Partial, I have a sore spot which I am using Oral B Mouth Sore Oral Rinse after brushing my teeth. I take Partial out first and put in Valplast Cleaning solution to soak. I brush it first with the brush my dentist gave me to get any food left behind before putting it the cleaner. My dentist never gave me any instructions with my Partial on how to clean or take care of it when I first received it. Just started using the proper cleaning solution, that I know I'm not supposed to use Polident tablets. The main issue I am having is the part of the Partial that is on the roof of my mouth that comes in contact with my tongue is making constantly feel like I have dry mouth, and it has this rough texture it's not smooth. Did I damage it by using the polident tablets and brushing with toothpaste which my dentist also told me to do. I constantly have to drink water because my Partial has this weird texture and makes my mouth dry. Can you please help?

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It is unusual to have a partial denture causing dry mouth. Usually it is caused by side effects of medication(s). The Valplast should not feel sore or have a rough texture. Have your dentist make necessary adjustments and send it to denture technicians for polish. Valplast needs special instruments and equipment to handle or it can be damaged.

Vote:

Ask a Question