Partial dentures

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody could advise on the possibility of a upper partial denture. I have had the majority of my top teeth extracted and now only have 6 front teeth. I'm very paranoid and lack any confidence due to this.

I'm unable to afford implants which I would love to have and was advised by my NHS dentist that I would require dentures but I am completely put off as I feel they are very obvious.

My question is would I be able to wear a partial denture without any back teeth to anchor this to? I'd be able to pay privately for this as not as expensive as implants to get better quality/ look and also be able to eat so much better!

Any advice on this would be appreciated or alternative options.

Jen.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Retention may be limited but you can inquire about a flexi partial and have tooth colored clamps against your most posterior front teeth (canine teeth). The flexis will not be as sturdy as metal frame partials but may provide better retention.

Vote:
Hi!

Thanks, I'll look into this. It wasn't really discussed what options I may have, just a quick comment that was made regarding dentures so it'll be interesting to see if what you suggest is an option, fingers crossed and thank you for the reply.

Jen84

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Hi!

Thanks, I'll look into this. It wasn't really discussed what options I may have, just a quick comment that was made regarding dentures so it'll be interesting to see if what you suggest is an option, fingers crossed and thank you for the reply.

Jen84

There are a lot of factors that could impact treatment options. The dentist will need to evaluate your bite. If your bite is very tight with limited vertical space, metal frames would be more sturdy and less likely to break. Usually the upper bony ridge does not flatten as much as the lowers so hopefully there is enough anatomy to work with.

Vote:

Ask a Question