Molar extraction - Xray - Desperation ahead

Hi there! I'm a 28 y.o man living in UK, and just been told by a dentist that I have to get a tooth that I had a root canal done about 10 years ago, extracted and have an implant with bone graft. I have no chances to pay for it, I wish I had the £3000 that he mentioned but I don't. So I'm asking first of all if the extraction is required, and also I've read around about overseas clinic if you could recommend a few?

Hope you can help, I'm desperate :( Here's my X-Ray https://image.ibb.co/chKu4d/R5.jpg

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The RCT is certainly of poor quality. Have you considered a consultation with a endodontist to have the RCT redone properly? If you decide to have it extracted, there is no pressing need to have it replaced, unless it bothers you. Maybe your financial circumstances will change in the years to come, and you could do an implant later if you wish. I wouldn't go for a tourist implant - here in Australia, we have patients that go to Cambodia, Thailand, and come back with some appalling treatment. I understand that the UK citizens tend to go to former Eastern Bloc countries with similarly poor results. Not worth it.

Vote:

Ask a Question