Upper molar extraction

hi I am due an upper molar extraction one next to wisdom
Tooth as it’s badly decayed from the inside out it’sgrown at a tilt , this molar is next to a large filled tooth . I am petrified something will
Go wrong :( isit likely it could snap it’s fully through . IF it was to snap then what

Any advice and nice words please

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Without images, I will generalize the procedure and what to expect. Many times the molar extractions will come out in pieces due its multi-root anatomy. Since you will be numb for this, you should not feel pain other than pressure. Any procedure may have rare complications. A rare possible complication for your case is sinus perforation. If it is smaller than 4mm, it can predictably be repaired. If greater, then an Oral Surgeon may need to repair it. Rest assured, the complications do not happen but the rarest of times.

Vote:
I don’t have the image I’m afraid .. so they won’t even attempt to pull in one ? It is an oral surgeon I am seeing only because I wanted sedation but since changed my mind and aM
Going with local. My dentist did say she could pull it . Will the tooth with next filling become damaged what is the likely hood of this . Thanks for replying

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
There is a very small chance the filling can get damaged. My thinking is if the filling or tooth is not strong enough, it is meant to break out anyways. The damaged tooth/filling can always be repaired temporarily until the right time to restore it.

Vote:

Ask a Question