Many critical doubts regarding the management of my dentures

I have recently got a dentures and I have many doubts regarding its correct management.

- I wake up and wear the dentures, using the adhesive.
- I have my breakfast ... and now there is a lot of residual food between the dentures and my palate !
- Let's say that I accept this unpleasant circumstance ( I don't ... ) : should I spend the whole day, and have my meals, until bedtime, detaching and gluing repeatedly the dentures, or should I keep it in place ?
- The latter doesn't sound good but, hower, oral mucosa is heavily irritated by the "take away and glue" method repeated two or three times. What's worse, each time I can remove the crumbs, not the dirty blob of glue, food and microorganisms.
- Anyway, bedtime has come. My gums are a mess of glue ( and germs firmly joined ... ) really hard to get rid of. How can I thoroughly wash the mouth ?

I'm truly confused. What's the correct way ?

Thanks a lot for reading my post !

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Consider reline. If you had dentures made before your teeth were extracted (immediate dentures), the fit is not as accurate because the denture technician was guessing how your bone will heal. If that is the case, consider remake if reline does not improve the fitting.

Vote:
Thanks for your reply! Do you mean that in a perfect fitted dentures should be no empty space between it and the palate ? I'm newcomer and I have supposed that its existence was unavoidable ...

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Hopefully with a full reline, the molding placed during the procedure will fill in the space. There are always some contraction of acrylic material during processing.

Vote:

Ask a Question