Too many x-rays on single tooth?

I’m probably being paranoid by asking this but i was having pain on my upper left molar tooth #14 which a old crown from about 15 years ago. My dentist took 2 X-rays and told me that they would have to remove the crown and repair the decay and take impressions for another crown. When she started to fill the cavity she realized that the decay was to deep and to close to the nerve and the tooth would require a root canal. I then got in later the same day to the Endodontis. He took the same 2 X-rays my Dentist took and the an additional
2 more , 1 during the procedure and 1 after. Does taking 6 x-rays on one tooth pose any risk as far as radiation goes?

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Nope. In dental school, most new patients would have a full mouth series of about 16 Xrays as a general screening process. And we are always exposed to background radiation - a dental Xray is equivalent to about 8 hours of background radiation.

Vote:

Ask a Question