I just had a filling done yesterday

A year ago, my old dentist filled my tooth and I’ve never had cavities in my front teeth before, but I did, and he filled them, but it fell out, the filling did. So I went to a different dentist because it was my front teeth, and it might not have been his fault but I was upset. Anyway, so a new dentist tried to fill it again, and it fell out again. So yesterday, he filled it again, after making a tooth hole so infection could come out, I guess. It was 3 appointments. But now, every couple minutes I feel a throbbing heartbeat sensation in my tooth, I’ve been taking my antibiotics, but it hurts extremely bad, can’t bite on anything on that side of my mouth, my other teeth have even become sensitive around where the filling was placed. He had to clean out my gums and it hurt so bad, but is this normal? What do I do?

3B0A05C6-0192-4060-90ED-284D0CDAEE1D.png

Vote:
Idk, he didn’t tell me much, but he had to clean out my gum where the tooth fell out it felt like sandpaper and he stuck needles up there.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It sounds like you had the first step of a root canal done. The pain should subside over a few days, especially with antibiotic use. If the infection was very severe, a second " cleaning " of the root canal will be done. Thereafter the root canal will be completed.
After the root canal has been completed, you can consider placing a crown over the tooth, to protect it. Depending on your occlusion and function, front resin fillings sometimes break easily.

Vote:

Ask a Question