Two fillings done, but dentist listed 7 total on care plan

My last cleaning was July 2017, before moving to a new city. I just a new dentist last week, and they said new X-rays showed 4 small cavities they wanted to fill. I was surprised because I haven't had cavities in a long time, but I also haven't had x-rays in a long time, so it didn't seem too crazy.

I went back for two fillings today and the care plan they gave me showed 7 fillings they want to do. Does 7 fillings seem normal? I'm not having any pain whatsoever, so I dunno if I want to do that many.

And, on top of that, after the two today, my bit feels a little high, even after the dentist adjusted the filling while I was still at the office. Will my bite even out or should I call Monday and see if the dentist can adjust it more?

I'm just feeling weird about all of this and want to be cautious about have that many teeth filled if the cavities are small and since I'm experiencing no pain or sensitivity. Thanks for any advice.

I might do that. As it stands, I've now been experiencing ongoing sensitivity in the teeth that were filled, even when I'm not eating, and the filling was last Friday. After a phone call to the dentist yesterday, I was just told to try Sensodyne and call back this Friday if I'm still having issues. It's extremely upsetting because I had no pain or sensitivity before the filling, and now I'm taking OTC pain medication and not enjoying eating because of the fillings.

Vote:
Solutions
Ask them for your x rays and when you go for the second opinion make sure that dentist has them. I would agree with the dentist about sensitivity. Although if you had small cavities and you now have sensitivity that would indicate the fillings are quite large. But the good news is that the sensitivity should go after about 3 months at the most. It can take longer but generally if it's still there after that then you need it looked at. If they are too high then that can also make sensitivity worse, teeth can also crack if fillings are too high.

But I'd not really trust a dentist who did this to me to fix things. I'd find a really good dentist to assess this because you want someone who listens to your concerns and knows how to take you out of pain.

Vote:

Ask a Question