Is it ok to get fillings done before deep cleaning/root scaling

I haven't been to the dentist in a long time but was finally able to go recently. They said I need a deep cleaning/root scaling and 9 cavities filled. My question is, is it ok to have the cavities filled before they do the deep cleaning? I'm worried about having composite fillings done on my front teeth and then having my teeth cleaned and the composite fillings no longer matching my teeth. Will the deep cleaning actually change the current color of my teeth? Especially since its been so long since I've had a professional cleaning done? I would just do the cleaning first to be safe,il but the first available appointments for the cleaning aren't until late July and I can get my fillings done next week. I really dont want to wait until late July or aug to have my fillings taken care of, but I certainly don't want fillings that are noticeable becauae they don't match my tooth color. Any advice someone with experience could give me would ve greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Solutions
It's not likely that a deep clean will significantly change the colour of your teeth unless they are badly stained with something like tobacco. But if you are worried do not have the front teeth done now. If you are having fillings done on both front and back teeth then you can always have the back teeth done now and the front after your deep clean. It's very important to get the colour right on front teeth. Can't you have the deep clean done elsewhere?

Vote:

Ask a Question