Did i just mess up my jaw bone?

So a few weeks ago i had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out. Painless procedure. In the last week or so i felt a bump near the wisdom tooth on the side of the gum which hurt when in contact with my tongue. Today i picked at it (i know, bad me) and it seems i got most of the bump to go away. There was some blood but most importantley it did not feel like puss, but much harder, like bone. I am in little to no pain now but i am worried that i picked out a chip of my jaw bone. Help!!

You should never do anything of that sort without consulting your dentist. You did not clearly mention that was it blood or puss. You mentioned it was harder than puss but you did not mention how harder. You should consult your dentist as soon as possible to avoid future troubles.

Vote:
i have something wrong with me that is similiar to this!!!!! have you figured out yet

i have had a porcilian crown on my first moller going towards the back on my right side of my mouth for 4 years or maybe a little longer....it has never botherd me up until recently when i noticed a huge hard bump on my jaw line that feels like bone.. i dont know what it is!!! obiousvouly or i wouldnt be asking if anyone might know anything about it... it is bothering to me but other than that its fine.. but sometimes i think it keeps getting bigger very slowly!!! does anyone know of anything like this or something similar. please let me know

Vote:

Ask a Question