did dentist mess up?

Had to have crowns on 2 lower molars side by side which had already had root canals. I paid for porcelain fused to metal. The dentist glued the very back one in first and then had trouble squeezing first molar crown in and getting it to fit. Finally, he got it in and had to adjust the bite on them. When he finished, he had to drill the porcelain crown in the very back down to the metal on top to get the bite right and I had a small spot of metal on top of my newly paid for porcelain crown showing. Hygenist mumbled something about him not doing something right and told me not to say anything about her saying this. I don't know if he got the crowns mixed up or put them on in the wrong order. I was not happy having to leave with a metal spot on my new crown after paying so much for it. Any comments appreciated?

forgot to add....

About 8 months after receiving this crown with drilled metal spot, the back corner chipped off. I now have a crown with a metal spot that looks like a filling and a chipped back corner and will need to have the whole thing replaced for more money.

Vote:
Did you complain to the office repeatedly if need be? I've found that constant civil confrontation, although people find it rude is the only way to get some people to do what they should do. I've found doctors and especially dentists to be very headstrong that they did the best/right thing they could do and nothing will change that.

Complain to your insurance company if you have one if they helped pay for the procedure.

I had a PFM bridge done 17 years ago and it came back from the lab with some metal showing on top of one of the teeth. It wasn't that visible and I was only 17 so me and my parents were gullible and didn't complain.

Vote:

Ask a Question