Broken filling.

I have a dentist appointment on Tuesday. I'm already very nervous as I haven't been for a long time and I suffer from severe anxiety. Earlier I was inspecting my teeth when I noticed what appears to be either a chip in my tooth or a chip in the filling in my tooth. I can also see a dark line where it looks like the filling is coming away from the tooth. It's already a huge filling and I'm so scared that I'm going to lose my tooth. I've attached an image of the area and was wondering if anyone could give me a vague prognosis, I appreciate that it's difficult to tell what's going on from a picture. Thanks in advance for any advice.
20150227_114936-1.jpg

drmins

Verified Dentist
Its a chipped tooth structure. Go for an IOPAR x-ray. If there is any underlying secondary caries or if you are much aesthetic concerned about the metal filling,you can go for a tooth colored re-restoration. Else,any remineralising tooth paste will be a good choice for time being.

Vote:

Ask a Question