Wisdom Teeth

Hi,

My dentist recently recommended me having my wisdom teeth out, I am 21 years old and I have good hygiene.

I was thinking I would try getting some other opinions before I go ahead with it.

There is absolutely no discomfort or pain,
there already half erupted but apparently there impacting into the jaw bone so they wont come through anymore.

What are your thoughts?
Pictures are attached

Attachments

• Image_1.jpg
    Image_1.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 491
  • Image_2.jpg
    Image_2.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 510
  • Image_3.jpg
    Image_3.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 481
Wisdom teeth can be very difficult to keep clean and can be very susceptible to decay. Did your Dentist note any decay on your wisdom teeth? If you choose to keep your wisdom teeth for a while longer make sure you continue to get regular checkups. If you are unable to keep the area clean between your wisdom teeth and your adjacent 2nd molars, decay can occur which would jeopardize the 2nd molars. You definitely don't want to lose those teeth.

Vote:
Wisdom teeth is not to remove when they are healthy,grown in completely , positioned correctly and able to clean daily. There are difference opinion of different dentist regarding wisdom teeth extraction.

Vote:
Usually, wisdom teeth get taken out when they are pushing on any surrounding teeth or are not coming straight up. This may happen when one's mouth is too small and doesn't have enough room for the wisdom teeth. (I think this is called impaction).

Vote:
There is no need to remove wisdom tooth if they are healthy and positioned correctly. Sometimes dentists suggest for extraction of wisdom tooth of they are not fully grown or erupted near the lower jaw. Since you are younger, its removal may not cause you much pain after surgery. Many dentists believe it's better to remove wisdom teeth before the roots are fully formed.

Vote:
DOn't know if I'm posting to the right category, but I have an issue with dental and medical insurance billing. My son had to have 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed this year. The dentist billed the surgery through my dental which paid 90% of the bill, leving me with a $250.00 balance. Then they billed the medical insurance for the exact same amounts, but medical only paid $990 of the procedure leaving me with a balance of $745. Is it legal for them to bill both insurances for the exact same amounts when the dental insurance paid almost the entire bill?

Vote:

Ask a Question