Botched implant?

I am 34 years old and still had a baby tooth. After a cavity, the dentist decided to put in an implant. My baby tooth was very small, so the replacement had to be very small too. The dentist first ordered an implant, and it was too big. Then he ordered another one, and it ended up like this: the screw is visible because it is too big and there was very little space left for the filling. Also, I see some holes and cracks, but I don't know what they are. Can you tell me if you think the work is done correctly? Could a smaller screw have been used that would be completely covered by the implant? Thank you.

Attachments

• dfsdfsdfsdf.PNG
    dfsdfsdfsdf.PNG
    397.3 KB · Views: 42
  • sdfsdfsdfsf.PNG
    sdfsdfsdfsf.PNG
    224 KB · Views: 11

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The size of the crown is determined by the available space between the adjacent teeth as well as the space available from the opposing tooth. Unfortunately, based on the type of implant placed, bone vs tissue level, it only allows for a very shallow access opening in certain cases. This does not mean anything was done incorrectly. Your anatomy determines the type of implant that can be placed.
You will just need to keep an eye on the filling. If it is a very thin layer, there is a high chance that it could wear down, and then would need replacement over time.

Vote:

Ask a Question