Wisdom Teeth Removal

Hello. On 22, 3 days ago, i had my 8th tooth (my right wisdom tooth) removed by 2 normal dentists who were not surgeons.
The operation was with a local anesthetic and did not hurt or have any problems while they were doing it. Although everythi g went good, i am worried about the fact that they were not surgeons. One of them told me that i should buy a Eludril mouthwash the first night (9 hrs post operation) and gently use it by tilting my head. I had read about NOT using any alcohol mouthwash the first 7 or 14 days and i was really sceptical. I did it anyways but only for the first night. No dry socket whatsoever. Now its been two days later and ive been only using saltwater rinses (again by tilting head, not swishing) and i am not sure whether i should have followed his instructions. I think that he gave me wrong instructions and i don't want to do infect my tooth or get a dry socket with or without the mouthwash. In your opinion should i use it or not? Because those are instructions by the dentist and people say to follow them, but every extraction guide says to avoid these mouthwashes as they may irritate the blood clot and the mouth.
Any answers will be helpful.

Hello. On 22, 3 days ago, i had my 8th tooth (my right wisdom tooth) removed by 2 normal dentists who were not surgeons.
The operation was with a local anesthetic and did not hurt or have any problems while they were doing it. Although everythi g went good, i am worried about the fact that they were not surgeons. One of them told me that i should buy a Eludril mouthwash the first night (9 hrs post operation) and gently use it by tilting my head. I had read about NOT using any alcohol mouthwash the first 7 or 14 days and i was really sceptical. I did it anyways but only for the first night. No dry socket whatsoever. Now its been two days later and ive been only using saltwater rinses (again by tilting head, not swishing) and i am not sure whether i should have followed his instructions. I think that he gave me wrong instructions and i don't want to do infect my tooth or get a dry socket with or without the mouthwash. In your opinion should i use it or not? Because those are instructions by the dentist and people say to follow them, but every extraction guide says to avoid these mouthwashes as they may irritate the blood clot and the mouth.
Any answers will be helpful.
whatever guys i decided to do it and I've been fine for the last two days, if not maybe more reas sured for my dental hygiene. This forum gets zero replies...

Vote:
month later guys im all good gotta rinse my mouth after meals cuz meat and bread gets stuck in the hole lol, in a reply to sidsolomondds: one of them is my personal dentist i have from 2 years, he told me if you want to i can call my collegue and we can do it together (i assumed he was a surgeon). i was like okay . and so one day before the surgery he calls me to confirm everything and i asked him whether he is a surgeon and he replied no he is an orthodont. i was basically like uh ok, but was too awkward to cancel the whole operation. so yeah dude i was scared as **** so whatever u do try choosing someone you can trust, who has good background and gives u a good gut feel cause my experience was truly horrible.

Vote:

Ask a Question