Wisdom teeth removal extraction site

Hello! I have a slight concern about my wisdom teeth extraction sites. I had 4 (2 on the top and 2 at the bottom) teeth removed last week on Tuesday. I think my sutures came out early because, now I have two holes from where my bottom teeth were removed. I’m not in pain. It doesn’t hurt at all and the swelling of my cheeks is gone. I want to ask if this is normal. Well they close up over time, or do I need to have them stiched up again. I’m currently using warm salt water rinses and a syringe to flush them out. I’m also using Chlorhexidine gluconate 0.12%. I’m 17, male.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 908
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 473

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The extraction site looks good. I know the "holes" look unsettling but whenever a tooth gets extracted, there will be bone loss. The best news is you have minimal pain and swelling which indicates good healing. Avoid over-flushing and disturbing the holes and let it close up over time.

Vote:
The extraction site looks good. I know the "holes" look unsettling but whenever a tooth gets extracted, there will be bone loss. The best news is you have minimal pain and swelling which indicates good healing. Avoid over-flushing and disturbing the holes and let it close up over time.
Thank you so much

Vote:

Ask a Question