What now? Confused. Palatal tori?

aqz

Solutions
As i have previously posted and no response from a dentist. I caved in an finally saw one about the red area on my hard palat. The dentist took xrays, felt the area, took photos and stated he is almost certain that it is a palatal tori. He also states i need 3 fillings and certainly a clean. However the cost was £600+ for all of this!. Is is normal? Just dont make sense to be that much am i being conned 🙈. Anyway the oral lesion he said you can have checked if you like but he said they will say the same thing to be its a tori. Do i just go by this or push for biopsies and further tests as its been there 6+ years and has not changed much? I will attach recent image and one from 6 years ago. Also the pigmented area he states is normal for asian people as we have more melanin. Should i trust all this info or push for further evaluation. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

1st pic is now
2nd is 6 years ago
3rd is the pignented area that is the same as when i noticed in may 2023. Please note all this was checked by a dentist today. With xrays taken.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240131-023451_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240131-023451_Gallery.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20240131-023208_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240131-023208_Gallery.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20240131-023228_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240131-023228_Gallery.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 12

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I would not focus on any biopsies for now, unless you notice a major change in appearance. I would rather attend to the fillings and cleaning, which could lead to more serious( and expensive) complications down the road, if left unattended.

Vote:

aqz

Solutions
I would not focus on any biopsies for now, unless you notice a major change in appearance. I would rather attend to the fillings and cleaning, which could lead to more serious( and expensive) complications down the road, if left unattended.
Should i take the opinion of it being a torus and leave it. Or push for further evaluation? He states a oral surgeon will say the same but its up to me. But my query is it doesnt look typical like a torus ive seen alot of images. I am looking to get the fillings etc done very soon the costs are just so high so need to evaluate.

Vote:

Ask a Question