Zirkonia vs Titanium Crowns (I'm super confused).

Hello everyone,

first time writing here.

I need an implant placed as I got my tooth extracted more than a year ago. My dentist has the option of either Straumann Roxolid SLActive or Camlog (less known much cheaper alternative). Honestly, I don't care but prefer to go with Straumann. I would ideally like to go for a full titanium implant. Unfortunately there are no options to get a Titanium Crown as my dentist only works with Zirkonia crowns.

From what I have been reading on the internet, the Zirkonia implants are usually one piece. How does that fit in with my situation. I am completly confused as even when I google Zirkonia crowns vs Titanium Crowns I get search results for full Zirkonia implants (1 piece).

Do I get it correctly that what my dentist is offering me is basically an implant from Straumann which is 3 pieces (Implant+Abutment both Titanium) but the crown only from Zirkonia? In case (years later) the crown fractures, as I understand Zirkonia is more brittle than metal/titanium, will I have the option of replacing it with a titanium crown? Will the entire Implant need to be replaced?

Any and all help is appreciated.
Thank you very much

Ask a Question