Dentist left me confused about gum status

Hi went to dentist for an exam but she left me so confused, so Friday I go to get my gums and teeth examined she also did a perio probe also x-rays she tells me that my gums look unwell and they were bleeding she told me schedule my regular cleaning which I did which I know about the bleeding because of gingivitis I asked about my teeth she said they were ok no cavities etc. Now about my gums she didn't say if I still had gingivitis or if it progressed just they bleeding a lot and to get the cleaning that's when I decided to ask if the gingivitis progressed or if I passed gingavitis stage that's when she said that I now have periodontal disease I don't understand why she didn't just that right away...she said my my gum pockets where my back teeth are 4mm I think it I think 4-5 kinda loose and the rest was 3 I think so I then I said so I'm at the stage where this isn't reversible but she said it's still reversible I asked about a more deep cleaning she said just get the regular cleaning insurance might not cover I asked about bone loss I think she said I didn't have any at least I think that's what she said, she also told me after I spit out the mouthwash we'll talk more after I did she hands me card to schedule the cleaning and didn't seem as concerned she was talking about this as if I still have gingivitis and not gum disease that has progressed and I always thought the stage after gingivitis is when bone loss occurs the more I asked questions the more she rushed me out of there unless I possibly misheard and she said I do have gingivitis or still do but here I am confused.

Hi. I got a similar experience with my newly diagnosed Long-term periapical periodontitis on only the one tooth lower d31 thankfully not the others.. yet.. But yeah these dentists dont really seem to care and just rush us out asap without the full story.. thats bad business.

Vote:
Hello, I was informed years back I had periodontal gum disease and paid so much money to have it treated via laser. I was given reassurance this would not come back and the gum pockets would reduce. However I went for checkups the issue still persisted. I stopped going dentists and developed a phobia. I went back this month to nhs dentist who yesterday told me if I don’t take care of my teeth will loose them. I feel this is just causing me more worries and concerns. Seems like this worry will never end and my phobia only gets worse.

Vote:
Hi. I got a similar experience with my newly diagnosed Long-term periapical periodontitis on only the one tooth lower d31 thankfully not the others.. yet.. But yeah these dentists dont really seem to care and just rush us out asap without the full story.. thats bad business.
Hi @mojo88
Is your tooth fit better? I have same issues on tooth#31. Is your pain got better now?

Vote:

Ask a Question