Toddlers teeth wearing and chipping

1B6F1217-EF5A-47C7-AA2A-98749C46877D.png

This is my sons teeth. Two months ago I noticed the bottom corner of the front two teeth start to appear translucent then one chipped. I went to the dentist who said there’s nothing can be done and they’re baby teeth anyway. After a week the other tooth started to go translucent and also the teeth either side of the front two. And are wearing. I went back to the dentist who again said nothing can be done and didn’t tell me what’s causing it. Now the other front tooth has chipped and I’m worried all his teeth will chip. Can anyone tell me what’s causing this? Or what I can do? Could be any type of deficiency?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
How old is your son? These chips could be developmental, due to grinding or even due to cavities. If there are cavities, these teeth can be fixed with fillings. If your child is grinding, unfortunately the teeth can be fixed with fillings, but there is a high chance of fracturing again, because baby teeth shift and move constantly as your child grows, leading to periods of grinding and not grinding respectively.
The dentist does not sound like he is informing you properly. Maybe consider a second opinion?

Vote:
Possible causes can be:

• Enamel hypoplasia: This is a condition where the enamel, the hard outer layer of the teeth, is underdeveloped or missing in spots. It can cause teeth to appear white, chalky, or translucent and be more prone to chipping and wearing.
  • Nutritional deficiencies: Deficiencies in calcium, vitamin D, and phosphorus can affect tooth development and make them weaker.
  • Acid erosion: Frequent exposure to acidic drinks or foods like citrus fruits or soda can erode the enamel.

Vote:

Ask a Question