Hypodontia / teeth in the wrong place /crooked Where to begin please

hello everyone i'm 29, I've become very self conscious and frustrated about the fact that i never smiled because of shame for my teeth; have been to the desist just 4 times (to remove teeth), my parents never took care of that when i was a child .
I have hypodontia which made my teeth move to some places, i do lack lateral incisors an other teeth, most are crooked teeth and eroded ones.
I want to take care of myself and start with my teeth,

I'd like to know please, to fix and get a normal smiles is there only one solution or different ones with cost/time aspect in consideration.
Also, for the teeth located in the wrong places, do i need braces or is it possible to remove them and replace them with artificial ones, would that save time? , and which procedures should i undergo please?
heres a picture of the xray of the teeth

i apologize for my english, thank you for your time
Kind regards

Attachments

• kkk.JPG
    kkk.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 13

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The first place to start, I think, is to go for a consultation with your normal dentist. The teeth can be cleaned and then checked to make sure there are not any large cavities that need filling.
The next step, in my opinion, would then be to go and see an orthodontist. I would not remove healthy teeth without any serious reason to remove them. With braces, your teeth can be aligned and even if you have missing laterals, your canines or premolars can be shaped, to camouflage the fact that you have missing teeth.
The orthodontist might recommend removing your lower wisdom teeth as well.
It appears you also have an over-retained baby tooth on the lower left. A lot of times this tooth can still be utilized for a long time, and only when it becomes problematic, removed and replaced with a bridge or implant.
Braces or orthodontics would be the best way forward in my opinion, but it is still best to go for the consultation first.

Vote:
The first place to start, I think, is to go for a consultation with your normal dentist. The teeth can be cleaned and then checked to make sure there are not any large cavities that need filling.
The next step, in my opinion, would then be to go and see an orthodontist. I would not remove healthy teeth without any serious reason to remove them. With braces, your teeth can be aligned and even if you have missing laterals, your canines or premolars can be shaped, to camouflage the fact that you have missing teeth.
The orthodontist might recommend removing your lower wisdom teeth as well.
It appears you also have an over-retained baby tooth on the lower left. A lot of times this tooth can still be utilized for a long time, and only when it becomes problematic, removed and replaced with a bridge or implant.
Braces or orthodontics would be the best way forward in my opinion, but it is still best to go for the consultation first.
thank you so much i'll do what you recomend, dentist then orthodontist. I've noticed that my cheeckbones / jawbones are very asymetrical,did my teeth have a role in that , will that be fixed once my teeth are corrected?
Thanks again

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Teeth play a role in cheek support. You will have to wait and see what the end result of the orthodontic treatment is before making any other decisions. Might be necessary for some other procedures such as fillers, if you are looking to improve aesthetics.

Vote:

Ask a Question