Spot on gums after fillings and pain

Hello. I was wanting to ask some questions regarding fillings since I don't know much about them. I haven't had them before, but if I have, it's been a very long time.

Yesterday, I had an appointment to get fillings for some of my teeth because of cavities and where plaque damaged my teeth (I guess that's the right word). My dentist was only able to do the top left canine and the two on both sides of it because he said my gums were bleeding so much that he couldn't really do much work. But I have another appointment in two weeks to pick up where he left off.

Last night, when I was brushing my teeth, I noticed that there's the tiny black spot right where my canine meets my gums. I also noticed that it kinda seems like he pushed my gums up, if that makes sense. The black spot doesn't hurt, but my gums around that area do. I also noted there's kind of a sore spot on my gums, and I assume it's from where he injected the numbing medicine in my gums. That spot specifically hurts a lot. I can only describe it as like when you have a knot from hitting something or a bruise and you touch it by mistake. But even my tongue touching it hurts which is strange to me.

I'm wondering if the spot could just be a bruise from the drill or something like that. Also, how long does the pain typically last?

Thanks in advance. Like I said, I'm new to fillings so I'm not sure what exactly is going on. I appreciate the help.

I also noticed there's a small knot where they injected the medicine. It's gone down but I thought I'd add that in case it means anything.

Vote:

Ask a Question