White spot on the right side of tongue

Ad

Advertisements

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Best answers
It seems like enlarged tonsillar papillae which should resolve on its own. Watch it for 2 weeks and if still present, take another image.

Best answers
Thanks for the response. I’ll upload another image in 2 weeks if it’s still there.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Best answers
I cannot expand on your latest image to view. I believe it may be a capillary (simplex) lymphangioma. The tongue has many lymphatic vessels and capillaries. Your lesion is very small fitting the capillary size. Have a dentist evaluate it for possible excision.

Ad

Advertisements

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Best answers
I don't think it is any cause for concern. As long as it does not get bigger, turn color, or become painful and or ulcerating, I wouldn't worry too much. Fortunately the spot is very small and the body could control the size at this point.

Best answers
Thanks a lot for the reassuring comment. The spot has not changed color or become any bigger. Not tender or ulcerating. I'll see a dentist and post an update soon. Thanks again.

Best answers
Hello Honest Doc,
I have an appointment with an oral surgeon on November 14, but yesterday, I noticed that the white bump is almost disappearing. I have attached a photo here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Best answers
There is a fair chance the oral surgeon may feel it is not worth removing, but go for the consultation to cover all bases.

Best answers
I see. So, you think because it changed the color and is going away, it’s not anything to worry about? Thanks.

Ad

Advertisements

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Best answers
Keep your Oral Surgery consult appointment and have his/her opinion.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question