White spot on the right side of tongue

Ad

Advertisements

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Best answers
It seems like enlarged tonsillar papillae which should resolve on its own. Watch it for 2 weeks and if still present, take another image.

Best answers
Thanks for the response. I’ll upload another image in 2 weeks if it’s still there.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Best answers
I cannot expand on your latest image to view. I believe it may be a capillary (simplex) lymphangioma. The tongue has many lymphatic vessels and capillaries. Your lesion is very small fitting the capillary size. Have a dentist evaluate it for possible excision.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Best answers
I don't think it is any cause for concern. As long as it does not get bigger, turn color, or become painful and or ulcerating, I wouldn't worry too much. Fortunately the spot is very small and the body could control the size at this point.

Ad

Advertisements

Best answers
Thanks a lot for the reassuring comment. The spot has not changed color or become any bigger. Not tender or ulcerating. I'll see a dentist and post an update soon. Thanks again.

Ask a Question