I got a tooth cap, but there is spot nearby where gums hurt since 3 years

Did anyone had similar symptom like me. I had got a tooth cap some 3 years ago. But just nearby there is a spot/lining where my gums seems to have become sensitive and whenever I chew something hard for a longer time, my gums on that spot start hurting and then gradually radiate out pain.
Did anyone got similar symptom, and was able to solve such issue?

Solutions
Maybe the margin of your crown has not been done well. Or the gum could be receding. So if dentine is exposed it could be causing the pain. You should see a dentist.

Vote:
I have already shown the dentist. But she seems like can't find anything. She says, it must be related to gums, because if root canal has been done, that means the tooth is dead and you should not feel any pain because of tooth or dentine. I am doubtful about it though. Because even if tooth is dead, it's roots are connected with gums.

Vote:
Solutions
I think it's like I said. A bad crown margin will irritate the gum whether or not the tooth is root filled. Exposed dentine can also let bacteria get into the root area and cause symptoms. Nothing will show up on x rays but you end up with irritating symptoms. Changing the crown could help but only if you go to a dentist who understands the need to have good margins.

Vote:

Ask a Question