Sinus problem after tooth removal.

I recently had a top wisdom tooth removed (almost 2 weeks ago) and had issues with slight dry socket. My dentist used something to plug the hole to help with healing and ease the pain I was having. It's been 3 days since then and now I'm having sinus effects. The stuff he used tasted/smelled gross but I worked though it but now it seems to be in my sinus?? I blew my nose and the stuff that came out smelled bad as well. Did I unintentionally suck the stuff he used into my sinuses? Is that possible?

I'm attaching my xray of tooth prior to removal because the root seems to go beyond the bone and they didn't seem to do anything special when taking it out (I wasn't even put under, just had laughing gas). I'm probably being paranoid but I'd really like what another dentist may think. Thanks for listening.

Attachments

• 20200727_140725.jpg
    20200727_140725.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 74

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The top right wisdom tooth was very close to the sinus. The membrane separating the sinus is very thin and could easily be perforated. If the socket is closed, there is good chance the membrane will close up. Get a follow up to check for closure and avoid blowing your nose to minimize disturbing the healing process.

Vote:

Ask a Question