If a tooth infection has spread into the jaw and sinus will a amoxcillin kill all infection ?

Solutions
i have had a reoccuring infection the last 6 months . i am being left to die by both dentists and doctors in scotland
i can feell it spread into my sinuses and jaw . my doctor refused to give anti biotics so luckily i found a guy who sells them on the side
and dentists are refusing to extract the teeth saying it isnt infection , im a 27 year old man i know what an infection is my gums are red raw and i have foul taste with bad tooth ache and jaw pain the pain is now spreading into sinuses now its spread into my head i keep gettn stabbing pains now in my head and nearly fainting all the time .

so i have no choice but to self extract with the forceps i bought from ebay . im going to extract the bottom back molars myself .
i dont want you tell me dont do it !! im doing it either way . either i let the tooth infection spread to my brain and die or self extract

so the question is if the infection has spread into my jaw ,sinuses and head will an amoxcillin be enough to kill all infection for extraction ??
i can get 100 amoxcillin pills for a good price from this guy but i think im becoming anti biotic resistant since the dentist kept giving me amoxcillin but refused extraction .
lately im also struggling to breathe from my right nostril now and i feels like something is going to burst in right sinus . i read up that tooth infection can cause a blood clot in the sinus as defence to stop the infection from spreading . now the back of the roof of my mouth is in constant pain now ,n my upper right molar and ear is aching all of a sudden.im ready to collapse from head pain and dizziness all the time now ,

seems like im F*ked guys

will amoxcillin kill all infection even if it has spread to jaw sinus and head?
thank you

sorry for the bad grammar im an idiot

Last edited:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
One should not self medicate especially with antibiotics. Most people don't understand oral antibiotics don't kill the targeted bacteria after a few doses and many will only take it sporadically or when they remember . It needs to be taken for a full course to be therapeutic. If the infection has spread, certain areas may be very difficult for oral antibiotics to penetrate. Depending on the severity, one may need IV antibiotics and possibly medical/surgical intervention.

Vote:
Solutions
Firstly, need a full mouth X-ray to give an unbiased suggestion.
Secondly, Infections are like an ocean, and not everything can be treated effectively with Amoxicillin alone. And any antibiotics are certainly NOT meant for self-medication. As said by @honestdoc, oral antibiotics might not support you if your rate and spread of infection are severe and high. On that case, you are definitely worsening your health condition and risking it more and sometimes, life-threatening too. Your present situation is much better than what you would encounter it later because of insane activity. Moreover, Antibiotic resistance is a serious issue and just like that cannot be taken without an expert's advice. Any of your efforts shouldn't go vain rite !!!
The best thing you can do is to consult a different dentist and take a proper opinion and treatment.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
if i extract the 2 molars that are infected at the root , will the abscess drains itself ?
Yes, it's akin to removing a splinter. Once you get rid of the source of the infection, your healthy body will clean up the dregs in 99.9% of the time.
In some rare cases if the infection has been there too long, it can continue to spread after the extractions and hospitalization with IV antibiotics is necessary - I might refer an urgent case to hospital once every 7 years. For the last fellow I called an ambulance because I was very concerned he was going to pass out on the way.

Vote:
Solutions
Yes, it's akin to removing a splinter. Once you get rid of the source of the infection, your healthy body will clean up the dregs in 99.9% of the time.
In some rare cases if the infection has been there too long, it can continue to spread after the extractions and hospitalization with IV antibiotics is necessary - I might refer an urgent case to hospital once every 7 years. For the last fellow I called an ambulance because I was very concerned he was going to pass out on the way.

thank you mate , i have had this for 6 month . i have no choice but to extract my own teeth now as im being left , been to 3 diffrent hospitals and 10 diffrent ddentists ,

thanks for replyinfg you dont know how much you have helped thank you bro. its time for some self dentistry , wish me luck

Vote:

Ask a Question