Post Extraction Pain

Good day all!

Just want to preface this post by stating that I do have extreme health/dental anxiety, and am probably struggling with this more than I should be.

I had a tooth pulled out about a day and a half ago, first molar on the bottom left (it had previously been root canal'd and crowned but was still giving me issues). I'm having pain if I move or bend over, where the two teeth next to the extraction site start throbbing. If i'm laying or sitting pretty still, I'm ok, it usually on flared up upon movement.

Is this normal that:

A) The teeth around the extraction site are now bothering me. My anxiety is convincing me I"ve pulled the wrong tooth.
B) That the pain is heightened by movement aka: walking, standing to sitting, bending over to pick something up.

Thanks and sorry if these are silly questions :)

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
All fairly normal within such a short time. The more difficult to remove a tooth, the more the post-op pain and swelling.

Vote:
All fairly normal within such a short time. The more difficult to remove a tooth, the more the post-op pain and swelling.

Figured as much, and thanks for the response. What do you think an appropriate amount of time would be to wait before worrying? I'm about 72 hours deep now, and the throbbing especially on the adjacent teeth hasn't settled down. I can't wrap my my head around why it hurts so much worse as I move around, its a bottom tooth so it couldn't be sinus related....

Vote:

Ask a Question