Possibly need an implant..need pros/cons/unbiased answers

okay so here's the story..I had a root canal done on my very last bottom molar in December 2012. Everything went fine until I noticed a giant abcess towards the end of sept 2015. Called my dentist who got me in to see an endodontist. The endodontist said it was infected (obviously) was treated with penicillin 500 for a week, then clindamycin 300 another week after (which ultimately caused me to develop c diff) the endodontist cleaned out the tooth completely and I went and had another crown put on and all was dandy until a couple weeks later I found out I had c diff. I had to clear out the c diff before I could go back to the dentist and have my bi annual cleaning done. After 2 rounds of flagyl 500 and 1 round of vancomycin 125 it was gone and I went and had my teeth cleaned. They also did an x Ray which showed that it's possible my tooth is still infected. I go to my endodontist tomorrow to see what he says but I already know that both my dentist and endodontist want me to get an implant if I need to have this tooth pulled.

Basically what I need to know are all the pros and cons and issues that could come with getting an implant. I'm 22 which is one of the reasons I know they want me to get an implant. But it's my last molar. You do 80% of your chewing on your 6 year molar (is what I'm told) so I could function without this one.

Tell me everything you know. I need to hear it all. I've heard of people who have had implants and are now in chronic pain. Which I'm scared of.

okay so here's the story..I had a root canal done on my very last bottom molar in December 2012. Everything went fine until I noticed a giant abcess towards the end of sept 2015. Called my dentist who got me in to see an endodontist. The endodontist said it was infected (obviously) was treated with penicillin 500 for a week, then clindamycin 300 another week after (which ultimately caused me to develop c diff) the endodontist cleaned out the tooth completely and I went and had another crown put on and all was dandy until a couple weeks later I found out I had c diff. I had to clear out the c diff before I could go back to the dentist and have my bi annual cleaning done. After 2 rounds of flagyl 500 and 1 round of vancomycin 125 it was gone and I went and had my teeth cleaned. They also did an x Ray which showed that it's possible my tooth is still infected. I go to my endodontist tomorrow to see what he says but I already know that both my dentist and endodontist want me to get an implant if I need to have this tooth pulled.

Basically what I need to know are all the pros and cons and issues that could come with getting an implant. I'm 22 which is one of the reasons I know they want me to get an implant. But it's my last molar. You do 80% of your chewing on your 6 year molar (is what I'm told) so I could function without this one.

Tell me everything you know. I need to hear it all. I've heard of people who have had implants and are now in chronic pain. Which I'm scared of.

I'm in the same boat as you I'm supposed to have implant tomorow

Vote:

Ask a Question